Hello

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Before I forget my rancor ...

Let me say a few words about how the central office at Columbus Public Schools has worked to make this a seamless transition into family life. We will be focusing on the folks that deal with insurance, so please don't misunderstand this to be a diatribe on everything that is Columbus Public Schools.

Sarah has called those yahoos at least three times, and has been told three times that there was nothing to worry about, and that Henry would be added to the plan. She started calling them on Day 5 of Henry's life, and guess what? My son still has no health insurance coverage. The pediatrician's office is getting a mite snippy, and they have good reason. We owe them $1300. Which we don't want to pay. We should have around $50 of copays, which sounds like a much more reasonable number to me.

They don't answer their phones. One woman's voice mailbox is full, so she can't take calls at all. It just plain sucks. Sarah gets responses from the insurance folks like "is your son covered under your plan?" I don't know .... aren't you the insurance person?

Do you want to know the funniest thing? For the last couple of weeks, they've been taking more out of her paycheck in healthcare coverage. Why? I haven't a clue, because we're getting no more coverage out of the deal.

Not cool, CPS. Not cool.

No comments: