Hello

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Is that a bedtime routine I see? What?

Things are starting to get a little more normal at bedtime. Last night Henry got a bath and pretty much went to sleep right away. Tonight we read some books, walked around a bit, and Henry is peacefully sleeping as we speak. He's been sleeping through the night for about a week, and we're starting to feel out when bedtime should be. It's a wonderful thing to be talking about: "Should we put him down at 10:00? How about 9:30? Yeah, sleep!

In other news, daycare has been a pretty rough morning schedule for us. Sarah wakes up at 4:45 so that she can pump and get herself ready (and do schoolwork ... her addiction). If Henry hasn't woken up by 6:00, she wakes him up. This sometimes slides to 6:30 ... a sleepy baby is a happy baby, after all, and an awoken baby is exactly the opposite. I wake up around 6:00 as well, because Sarah is trying to get out the door by 6:30, which means that I'm in charge. I finish up the loose ends (dressing, feeding, whatever) and whisk him off to day care, usually by 7:00 or so.

The Army says that they do more before 7:00 than you do all day, right? I'm starting to feel like that ... what a loaf I was before! Ah, in 13 years I can do it again! It's a good thing that parents are programmed not to be vindictive, because it would be a ball to start banging pots and pans in the middle of the night when Henry is 13. When he wakes up I'll ask him if remembers the 3:00 feedings, and laugh. Again, good thing that I'm biologically programmed not to act like that.

No comments: