Hello

Monday, July 23, 2007

Where's Mommy?

... in Chicago (Henry's pronunciation: ca-KAH-go!). Mommy is off saving the planet in Chicago, at a conference for a week. I know, a week! Of course the toilet broke yesterday, I cut myself shaving this morning, we're out of bread, the sink was filled with dirty dishes, Henry has what might be poison ivy, he didn't go to bed until 10:30 last night and we're just getting started on Day 1!

The blogs this week may be a bit more detailed, as I chronicle for Mommy all the comings and goings on the day.

Henry went to Gaga's today to play, and will go again on Wednesday. Then it's Grammy and Grandpa on Friday. This morning, Henry asked me about a zillion times on the trip over where we were going. I turned it back on him: "Where are we going, Henry?" He'd get a big smile and say "Gaga's House!" I think he just liked to hear himself say it. We made sure to bring his "Cars" board book (he's addicted to that movie), and he carried them very matter-of-factly like a briefcase ("... and we're running a special on these wonderful children's books ... would you like to take a look?").

That's about it for now ... more later.

No comments: