Hello

Monday, October 20, 2008

Tic Tac, Henry?

So, Henry's first encounter with breath mints was not what I would call an enjoyable one.  Where did he get a breath mint, you ask? We will not reveal that, for fear of mob-like retaliation.

Anyway, after a wonderful meal at Cap City, Henry asked for a Tic Tac.  A wintergreen Tic Tac.  The first fell into the booth, and so he was given a second one. I was a bit nervous about it burning his mouth, but after a split second thought ... what the heck?  What's the worst he can do ... spit it out?

No worries ... he swallowed it right away.  Not necessarily savoring the flavor, but not dangerous. After this transpired, though, he found the first one.  I made it very clear that he shouldn't eat this one. It was dirty.  So, as he sat on my lap, I starting talking with my "will be unnamed" company at the table.  As I'm talking, I see that the first Tic Tac is gone.

"Did you eat that Tic Tac?" I accused. Henry said no, but just as I saw a flash of pale green up his nose, the candy coating started wearing off, and his nose started burning.  And he started crying.  Loudly.

We busted him out of the restaurant, and went straight home.  I tried a straw, a bulb syringe, and gently massaging it out, but Henry must have been studying Kung Fu (in his free time ... maybe at school) and deftly defended his nose against all of these implements of alleviation.  He (shockingly) wouldn't listen to reason. And every time I said "blow", he "sniffed". !@#$!

"Is your nose still hurting?"

"Yeah"

"Well, let me in there to get that out"

"No"

After calling Grammie Bob, and by the grace of all that is holy, he sneezed and what appeared to be most of a Tic Tac came flying out.  We went to UA Clinic (a.k.a. Grammie and Grandpa Rayo's house) to make sure, and it appeared that all was OK.

And life was back to "normal"

No comments: