Hello

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Braces!!!

Yeah .. it happened.  I can't shake it anymore ... I had to get braces.  Or lose my teeth (eventually).  At least, that's what the orthodontist said.  And the periodontist.

Before ...After ... trying to smileAfter ... a bit distraughtAfter .. embracing it

So, here's the scoop after a couple hours with them:

  1. They don't hurt.  Yet.  They do, however, feel roughly how I thought they would on the back of my lips.  That is, until I ...
  2. Talk! Talking is a big part of my job, and it's just plain weird now.  Hopefully this improves.
  3. Or Chew! Eating sucks! It's bad enough that I have to eat a sandwich as if it were a landmine, but I also keep about half of it in in my damn braces ... and it's a bear to get crap out (I'm assuming that I'll get better at this, too, but still ...)
  4. I'm sure I'm not the only adult to get these things, but not if today's visit is any indication ... everyone else got to go to soccer practice, or got to play, or had a recital ... I had to get back to work.
So, bring it with your schoolyard taunts, tired insults and hard luck stories ... I've got 17 months, 30 days left of these things (plus 3+ years of retainers) and I'm in it to win it.



1 comment:

Mike Earley said...

nice teeth, brace face. Metal mouth. Good luck getting past first base with your girlfriend. Watch out for the liplock!