Hello

Saturday, July 09, 2005


Bath time!

This was a very cool experience which started out with a lot of crying. Henry did not like us very much as this his first bath transpired, but I could tell that, secretly on the inside, he was enjoying himself. He was doing a great job of hiding it, though.

The camera did not catch the absolute funniest part. As Dad (that's me for all of you that are new to the blog) readied our bathing hero Henry, Mom was trying to get all of the bath acoutrements together. You know, spongy bear, washcloth, etc. While this was going on, the Fountain O' Henry went off, made an awe-inspiring arc, and splashed down to earth on our stalwart hero. Yep, he peed on himself. A lot. Luckily we were just about to bathe him.

After the crying, kicking, and other displays of general unhappiness, we whisked him up in a towel, dried him off, and held him tight. That was quite nice ... I enjoyed it immensely. You can see it for yourself ... he's a cute dude. Especially in a hooded towel.

No extended gushing this time over my little boy, but man is it great when he's all clean and full of baby goodness.

5 days, and we're still going strong ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Me and my mom are ooo ing and aaa-ing over the photos...so cute! And hello from Australia. -Alana K-K

Anonymous said...

Friday--pooping, Saturday--peeing, am I on the right site? This sound a lot like college.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I'd like to see you guys, but I know how hectic this time can be. Make sure you let me know if there is anything you need. You all look wonderful. I hate to say it, Sarah, but Henry does have a certain Rayo look about him. Enjoy your time with your little bundle. It goes by soooo fast, but it's a new adventure every day. I especially enjoyed the "poop blog." Only parents can appreciate the importance of such a nasty bodily function. I'm sure you'll be watching for frequency, consistency, color, odor... all the fun stuff. It is hard to think of you as a father, Michael, but it looks like you're doing a great job (I think you had a good teacher). Keep it up!