Hello

Monday, July 11, 2005


Henry' s momma


Ah ... she sleeps!

Give me but a moment to take a step back and talk not about my precious son, but about my incredible wife Sarah. She has been so strong through all of this. I absolutely adore her. We have had a ton of family come through, and she's still healing, and this schedule is horrendous for two folks that weren't accustomed to it ... and she has been simply radiant through all of it. Ok, not all of it, but all of it that you bystanders get to see. And her sense of humor is coming back. At least she says it is ...

This picture was taken on our second night with Henry. Sarah was still in quite a bit of pain, and this nap was exactly what the doctors ordered.

Now that the pain has worn off a bit, Sarah is rarin' to go. I have had to play stairs cop so that she doesn't truck up and down them all day (bad for her stitches). I'll be sitting with Henry, and I'll hear the washer or dryer start up ... which is downstairs. I'll call down to her, and get a very defiant "I feel fine ... they said I should cool it for a week." She is now planning our evening walks, which will happen every evening, thank you very much. Yoga and cardio machines are a couple weeks away ... and oh by the way, she is only 8 pounds over her pre-pregnancy weight. She's a machine, I tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this pix - I have it on my desktop at work... there's something so radiant, endearing, and peaceful about a new Mom and her baby together – and seeing just how little “Littlest Henry” is next to his Mom – sorry, Michael – I know I should have YOUR pix with Henry on my screen, but Mom’s Rule!!! My love to all of you – what a fun way to share in the experience daily from Florida until I return again… (tho being there for the first few days – PRICELESS!!!)
Mom/Gramma OXOXOX