Hello

Wednesday, July 13, 2005


Oh My God He ... oh, I guess he's fine!

Thankfully, parent freak out number one is now behind us. About 30 seconds after this picture was snapped, Henry let out three gigantic burbs that sounded more like him hacking up a hairball. At least I thought they were burps. Sarah, who had a birds-eye view of the whole thing, saw Henry's panicked face and the fact that he stopped breathing for a couple moments.
I didn't see Henry's panicked face, but I sure saw Sarah's.

Right after these "burps", Henry shut his eyes and wouldn't open them for what seemed like an eternity. We moved his arms, his legs, talked to him ... nothing. I snapped him up really quick (editor's note: Daddy Michael made sure to support Henry's head) and his eyes fluttered open. He wasn't dead! He wasn't dead!

It's amazing how two rational, intelligent (dashing, charismatic, etc., etc.) human beings can go to pieces in the blink of an eye, at the smallest chance that something is wrong. In our defense, Sarah's and my "panic mode" is to focus and solve the problem, then go to pieces afterward. That being said, I shudder to think what we'll go through when he spills on his bike, or falls on the steps, or starts swimming ... maybe we'll be a little calmer by then.

Whew! All is safe and sound with momma, baby, and daddy.

No comments: