Hello

Tuesday, July 19, 2005



Where Did Daddy Go?

This is the image I left as I gathered my things and trudged off to work. Two weeks off went by in a blink. Amazingly, Henry didn't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation as I left.

Work was OK today, I suppose. About 300 million people came by my desk, so I didn't really have a chance to do much work. Oops. Nobody from Cardinal Health is reading this blog, are you? If so, please translate this paragraph as: "Wow, I couldn't believe how productive I was, and that I could work so many hours in a row, and how happy I could be returning to work."

I didn't feel as bad about leaving home as I thought I would, and the feelings of abandoning my family, while palpable, were not overwhelming. Which made me feel a little guilty. I'm assuming that the roller coaster of parenting emotions don't really get any better anytime soon.

I did, however, return home to a very tired Sarah and a very active Henry. He has taken to the daytime, and was quite awake for most of the afternoon and evening. Because he is wide awake after most feedings, there is much less down time between feedings, which means that we will be a little less rested. Tomorrow we will try to give him a real bath for the first time, as his bellybutton should have dried all the goop (that's a clinical term) that was left after the umbilical cord fell off last week. Maybe that will do the trick for beddie-bye time.

Anyway, Day 1 of Michael working, Sarah holding down the fort is now behind us, and the family survived. Whew!!!

No comments: